Saturday, March 14

Exciting News...

We at Simply Scrapbooks would like to toot the horn of our own Candra George. Not only is Candra a much loved class instructor at Simply Scrapbooks...she is also practically famous! If you didn't know, Candra has been apart of the Prima Marketing Design team for quite some time now. Candra also creates and teaches classes for Tattered Angels. We have some very exciting new news that Candra has also joined the Anna Griffin design team and has even had some of her beautiful designs featured on Anna Griffins QVC show "Elegant Crafting with Anna Griffin".

Here is the exciting story we got from Candra herself:

I met Anna Griffin in the parking lot of the Anneheim Hilton at CHA 2009 while with the Simply Scrapbooks crew. As you can imagine I was completely STARSTRUCK! I have loved Anna Griffins designs since I was little...way before scrapbooking even. I spoke with her at her booth the next day and she took my card mentioning she had been looking for someone like me. (I nearly fainted but figured she probably meets thousands of people at these events.) Four days later I got an email from her team asking me to forward some of my work...the next day they called and asked me to be apart of the team! As if that wasn't enough, Anna Griffin thought I would be great to try out designing for her QVC show, "Elegant Scrapbooking with Anna Griffin". She loved what I created and used it immediately on the show!!! I admit I cried while watching it on QVC at 3 in the morning. It felt very surreal and yet validating to see the work I had created in her own hands on TV. I am now official apart of the Anna Griffin design team of 9 and 3 designers for the show (including myself!). The next show airs on Tuesday, March 24th at 3pm pacific time. I am looking forward to a future with Anna Griffin and hoping to soon be teaching "as seen on QVC" classes at Simply Scrapbooks! :)

We are so excited for Candra and happy to share her wonderful news. She is extremely talented and a huge asset to our store. Congratulations! You deserve it!

You can check out Candra's Blog: My Creative Reality here.

No comments: